I have been asked this question many times now – My users who are on (else moved to) Exchange 2007 server cannot see the Free/Busy (Free Busy) information for Exchange 2003 users.
Well, most common cause is that Exchange 2007 has no information available on Exchange 2003 free busy. To resolve this, simply Replicate (copy) the Free Busy Information from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 Servers. Here is how:
- Go to Exchange System Manager (ESM) [on Exchange 2003 Server obviously]
- Expand Administrative Group | Right Click – Public Folder | View System Folders
- Expand Free Busy | For all subfolders with “Ex” string | Right Click | Properties
- Go to Replication Tab | Add Exchange 2007 Server
- Now, this will initiate a replication from Exchange 2003 to 2007. Once it is done, users should be able to view the free/busy information.